Saving energy around the house is important. Not only will it save you money on your electric bill, but also saving energy use is one of the best ways to “go green” and help support a healthy environment. There are many ways you can save energy—in fact, if you talk to your electrician Beverly Hills, H Electric, you will come up with many great ways to do just this. However, for many people, just understanding electricity and how it works is one of the best ways to cut back on energy use. Discover the top five items in most homes that use the most energy. Perhaps this list will give you some ideas on how you can cut back energy to save money and the earth!
- Refrigerators/Freezers – Though they are more energy efficient now than in the past, they are high on the list of energy consuming appliances. Additionally, some homes have more than one of these energy-hungry appliances.
- Dehumidifier – If you live in a humid climate you may be familiar with this appliance. Running one of these 24 hours a day will add a lot of energy use to your monthly total.
- Water Heater – Taking a hot shower not only uses water, it also consumes a lot of energy in heating the water.
- Cooling System – An air conditioner may be a must in some places; however, it comes at a cost. Many people find their energy bills skyrocket in summer when the air must be run.
- Heating System – Some heating systems are gas-based. Those that are not will run your electric bill sky high!
There are many things around the house that use electricity. Starting with this list, you can help to cut back your usage. Also, talk to an electrician in Beverly Hills—there may be other simple ways you can help reduce your usage as well.